Saturday, August 28, 2010

Greenway Updates & CLEAN-UP

I appreciate the great encouragement from Phil on this community clean-up.  Our first clean-up will be THIS SUNDAY (8/29/10) at 1PM.  Bring flat blade shovels & brooms and meet at Sams.  Riding & hydration after wards optional.


Nashville:
Went for a greenways ride this afternoon.  All of Shelby Bottoms plus Two Rivers plus Stones River Greenways past Ravenwood up to Lebanon Road are okay (good news).  The Lebanon Road crossing including the bridge and its approaches plus the tunnel have gotten their final asphalt paving (good news).  However, about 100 yards past Kohl's parking lot a low stretch of the greenway has an inch or more of mud from the last flooding (bad news).  There were lots of bike tracks thru the mud but I know from the May flood that this is the first of several muddy stretches all the way to PP Dam.  I've heard no calls for cleanup volunteers.
Dave Irvine

Hendersonville:
We tried to ride the greenway last Wednesday and found the section north of the new Drake's Creek Bridge under water (and hope it didn't get washed out).  Sections of the greenway are still torn-up and caked with mud from the May flood.  I thought a good community project for the FOGBEES would be to get a few shovels and clean the mud from the trail (would take about an hour).  Any volunteers?  How about the FOGBEES adopt this greenway?
Tom Evans

8 comments:

BOB G. said...

Count me in I even have a extra shovel if someone needs to borrow it. I can not do it this Saturday.

Caledonia said...

Count me in, just post a date. I have a beater bike with child trailer good for hauling water, tools etc which worked out well for the May flood cleanup. DTI

coastdownhills said...

I can do it about any time this weekend. And also have an extra shovel.
Bruce

Scott Mena said...

I will help, but I can't do it this Sat. I have a karate tourney in Mt Sterling, KY and won't be back till mid day Sunday... Just post a date and time and I'll do my best to make it...

Station Camp Makers said...

Update in case anyone maps a ride through the Richland Greenway to get from Charlotte Ave to Belle Meade.

The section that connects the North Part of this greenway to the Dutchman's corner is washed out, so the only way to actually get from Sylvan Park area to Belle Meade w/o streets is to use the McCabe entrance to the greenway.

monsieur cannonball said...

I'd be most happy to accomodate; however, this Saturday is Tri @ Cedars of Lebanon. Count me for the long haul in oh fearless leader.

monsieur cannonball said...

I be good for Sunday, dog !
My woman will help too.

GARY said...

On my way to Cookville with Tyler for soccer so I'm a no show.