Friday, May 20, 2011

Letter from Bob Souza

Bob sent the following letter to me.  I am sharing it at his request.

Hi Tom,  I writing today in the hope that you/Fogbees might be able to help. Everyone knows me as "Bob with the 10 Kids."
Not everyone knows that my wife of 23 years has decided to force me into bankruptcy and a contested divorce. I just spent 19 days in Sumner County Jail as a result of a contempt motion she brought against me. Suffice it to say that the party who files first gets to pick the court/judge. Judge Rogers has a reputation of strongly favoring women. He certainly has lived up to that reputation in my case.

Family/friends have sacrificed greatly to aid in my defense and get me out of jail (approximately $6,000) but funds have been depleted. My attorney (who shall remain nameless) has quit. 

My only goal is to have adequate visitation so I can be the Dad God wants me to be and that my minor children be raised in the Church. My soon to be ex-wife seems bent on being punitive and preventing me from having any influence/say in my children's rearing.

A new attorney will need to file several motions as well as an answer/counter complaint, answer interrogatories, file a final parenting plan and depose my doctors (2). The final date is set for July 27, 2011 @ 09:00. in the circuit court of Gallatin, TN.

As a Fogbee I appreciate the philanthropic philosophy the club holds to, regarding a variety of charities. I can only hope that you might recognize my circumstance and the long term well-being of my children as a worthy cause. 

Anything you can do on a personal/club level is greatly appreciated. Please feel free to distribute this letter to any/all parties you think might be in a position to help as time to retain a new lawyer is short.

I eagerly await your response.

Any donations for my legal defense fund can be made out to my mom and forwarded to her home:  Cecelia Souza 625 Green Wave Dr. Apt L4 Gallatin, TN 37066

Sincerely,
Bob Souza
615-200-3379

No comments: