Monday, August 17, 2009

East Tennessee Adventure

On August 28, Phil & I are traveling to the Jonesborough/Johnson City area. I grew up there and have re-connected with an old friend, who, as coincidence would have it, is also a cyclist. She will take us on a route around the area so we can enjoy some of the local sights. This is, by no means, a formal FOGBee excursion, but I do want to let everyone know that they’re welcome to come along. I think it will be nice to get to see a different part of the state via bicycle. I have a “connection” so we’ve gotten a pretty sweet deal on a room at The Carnegie Hotel (www.carnegiehotel.com).

I actually have two rooms reserved JUST IN CASE anyone else is interested!

It’s about 5 hours away – I-40 East to US 81 to 11E – but in my opinion, worth the drive. We’ll be staying both Friday & Saturday nights and will return on Sunday, August 30.

If you’d like to join us, please let us know! We’d love to have you. :)

2 comments:

JoHo said...

P&L Sounds fun but I have other plans. My daughter is at ETSU and I have stayed at the Carnegie while visiting.

Tom_E said...

Phil & Lisa, you might find the following contact useful

From: Jonell Johnson
[mailto:jonell26@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 08, 2009
Subject: TCRC link

Hi Tom,
To find ride cue sheets for Northeast Tennessee, go to
http://www.tricitiesroadclub.org/

Click on "Local Rides" and scroll to the bottom of the page. There is also a link for the mountian climbs in the area. Look forward to staying in contact with you!

Jonell