Monday, May 26, 2008

The July 4 Comet

It is final, Marsha and I will be going to visit my daughter in Canton GA over the 4th of July. The 4th is a Friday, so everyone should be off. I am planning on riding the Silver Comet on the 5th of July. http://silvercometmap.com/ . The trail comes complete with a tunnel to avoid climing the moutain!! If there is some interest I will have Heidi look for a suitable hotel close to activities. She says her Jamacan girlfriend will lead me on the ride if she is available that weekend!! No pressure to make this an "official" activity. I will just warm up the trail for a future ride. Just wanted the group to know I was going to ride it.



4 comments:

coastdownhills said...

Doug,
The 4 July time is packed for me. Even more Fogbees can't make the 4th, it would be very good to have you scout the area for a future group ride. I have planned to collect data for potential rides only to get lost in the shuffle. But if you can, things to consider:
1. Places to stay close to trail head.
2. Proximity to MARTA stations
3. Local attractions likely to interest spouses.
4. How long it really takes to drive to/from Atlanta.
5. General safety.
Bruce

GARY said...

4th of July would be a terrible time for me to ride in Georgia. It's pretty much a family time and we go see fireworks at Drakes Creek and cook out every year so I couldn't make a ride like that at that time. I'm with Bruce and scout it out for a future FOGBee ride and have fun.

GARY said...

4th of July would be a terrible time for me to ride in Georgia. It's pretty much a family time and we go see fireworks at Drakes Creek and cook out every year so I couldn't make a ride like that at that time. I'm with Bruce and scout it out for a future FOGBee ride and have fun.

Tom_E said...

I will be on annual family outing in Destin, FL for the week including the 4'th. Bring back lots of pictures and brochures for planning.