Thursday, November 11, 2010

Night Riding?

Just wanted to gauge the interest in doing some night rides until the weather gets really too cold. I would propose Thursday nights starting about 6:30 PM to let traffic die down a bit.

I have been doing rides from my house in Goodlettsville out the neighborhood, Madison Creek, Hogans Branch, Happy Hollow and add Long Hollow Pike occasionally. It is actually quite nice once you get used to it. Need to stay off 258 after dark though.

If you are interested let me know. I would propose Thursday evenings to avoid conflict with Gary's Tuesday night spin. Rides would be about 15 to 20 to 25 miles long. Everyone would need a good headlight, a steady rear light, reflective clothing (the more the better). Pace would be slower than daytime and no downhill bomb runs. There are always some nice little uphills but you can't see them.

If we start this and someone else has some good night routes we can move it around a bit.

No comments: