Tuesday, May 5, 2009

French Lick & Watertown Big Hill Challenge


It takes an extraordinary amount of time and commitment to put a trip like French Lick together. Doug and Marsha had everything perfect, well planned and well executed, including the weather, which we still can't figure out how they turned a horrible rainy forecast to near perfect cycling conditions of a blue sky and great temperatures. Special thanks to Marsha and Renee who "sagged" the entire ride, giving up their day at the spa for the cyclists.
...
I have put Marsha's, Renee's and my pictures on Snapfish (including the infamous one). Others who took pictures PLEASE share (preferably on Picasa or Flickr) so we can put together a Photoshow of the best collection.
...
MANY THANKS TO DOUG & MARSHA for FRENCH LICK.
...
Regarding the Big Hill Challenge - no hill on that ride matches the French Lick ride (not even close). Several of us did the ride last year (click here to see our review). It's a great ride which I highly recommend.

5 comments:

GARY said...

Great time for Cindy and I in French Lick this weekend! I can't believe that we had 24 people at the resort for this trip. The ride itself was the hardest 51 miles since the Montery ride last fall. I thought this was going to be leisure ride but it was a grueling, very hilly, relentless tour that was breathtaking and beautiful. Thanks Doug (and Marsha).

Nancy_P said...

I along with my 2 friends had a great time and want to thank Doug and Marsha also. The entire group made Shirley and Ann (my 2 friends that came with me) feel like part of the group. I am ready for the next trip. Thanks to Renee for helping too.

Nancy and her buddys

coastdownhills said...

Congratulations! You certainly went in the proper direction this time. I was watching radar and it looked like you had chosen the only dry region east of the Mississippi.
Bruce

monsieur cannonball said...

Rosemary and I had a fantastic time with our fellow FOGBEE family. Thanks to Marsha and Doug for hosting this trip for us; however, I'm convinced that Doug conspired with Bruce regarding the topographical nature of this ride. In truth, I had ample time to reflect while ascending and to relish the downhills that followed. I'll never look at a beer the same after our lunch break at the German restaurant, whew ! Indiana never looked as good as upon my bicycle. Where to next ?

Christy said...

Awesome time! Thanks to all.