Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Natchez Trace Ride this weekend

This was posted on Bike Walk Tennessee's Facebook account by Spencer Connell. Posting here in case there is some Fogbee interest.  I don't have Spencer's contact information handy but can chase him down through Facebook if anyone is interested. http://www.facebook.com/spenceraldenconnell

One of my closest friends, Robert T. Fischman, will be finishing up his bike tour from Seattle to south California, over to New Orleans, and up the Natchez Trace this weekend. I am trying to get as many bikers as possible to meet him Friday evening to camp and finish the two day ride.

We will meet at the Colbert Ferry campground (mile marker 327:


http://www.nps.gov/natr/colbert-ferry-bicycle-only-campground.htm
)

I won't be biking down, so I'm trying to get some car-pooling together with financially incentivised drivers. If you know anyone with a car ( i have a bike rack we can use ) that would be willing to drive, let me know!

The ride will be just over 100 miles split into two hilly 50 mile days. We will go slow and drink a lot of wine.

No comments: