Monday, May 14, 2012

IT'S A SAD DAY FOR ME..

Unfortunately I will bee out of the riding circuit for at least two months (just when I was getting into "Miley" shape). An unexpected trip to my optometrist yesterday, bc of a sight problem I had on Saturday, led to over 2 hours of emergency surgery at Centennial Hospital late last night. I'm sorry to say that I had a detached retina in my right eye from unknown causes and I am hopeful for a good recovery. I'm ordered off work for at least a week with no bike riding or hockey for 2 months unless things heal quickly. I was very lucky to catch this in one day and my surgeon is a fellow hockey player that I have known for 20 years. (it's a long story) Hopefully I will gain full sight in my eye and I will bee able to get on the road before the Summer ends. I will stop by Sams every so often to say hello. I WILL be on my bike and ready for the Jack and Back Mr. Miley so don't think for one minute I won't be there to complain about the hills and rollers! With no regrets..sincerely..The DraftMaster...

10 comments:

Eric Bateman said...

Aw man Gary. Sad to hear, but I wish you good healing vibes and look forward to seeing you soon.

Tom_E said...

That for the update, but sorry to hear your report. But the good news is when you finally get back on your bike the LITES will accept you as one of their own.

Mark H said...

Wow, that sucks. Hopw you heal quickly and completely.
But now is my chance to pass you by.
Anyone for a ride at 5:30?

Miley said...

Damn, I am so sorry, Gary, and sad for the Fogbees - we will really miss riding with you. Sounds like the silver lining is that you caught this quickly.

Can you start spinning during your recovery? You're welcome to use my trainer and DVD.

Be a good patient and get well soon. And you better come to Sam's often!

Jimmy R. said...

Wow man. The good news is that it was caught in time. 2 months will go by quickly. Maybe after 2 months down I'll be able to keep up with you when i return.

Jimmy

Christy said...

Praying for your quick and full recovery. Hope to see your rear wheel soon...

Tango Bravo said...

Best wishes for full and speedy recovery.

coastdownhills said...

Well, that sucks. Look forward to hearing the details.
Bruce

David S said...

Gary,

We will temporarily miss you. We wish you a speedy and good recovery!

Dave

Jennifer said...

Hoping for a speedy recovery, all the way from VA.