Sunday, October 4, 2009

Wounded Warrior and Alabma ride images


Thanks to the Wounded Warrior ride we got off on schedule and had great ride on to Alabama. The second half of day one and all of 2 and 3 were in great weather. Dave Irvine and I walked some of the hills but David Buckman peddled them all. My greatest fear, crossing the Tennessee River at Decatur, AL, was no problem because work on the bridge, had traffic slowed to my pace. My one missed turned revealed a hitherto unknown country store so it was a good miss. I'll trade a couple of miles out of the way for a store in the midst of nowhere. Images are on Snapfish here. Photo show:
http://www.photoshow.com/watch/Uu3pN4jR

5 comments:

Caledonia said...

Great ride and great photos, thanx!
DTI

KJ said...

Nice photoshow too.

monsieur cannonball said...

Awesome trek ! I'm envious, except for the montain climb. Must've been a bear if theGoat walked even part of it ! Good to see Buckman so well and fully recuperated. You guys continue to inspire the lot of us day riders.

Doug_M said...

Great picture show... I too am envious. I would love to do something like that. Maybe someday.

Tom_E said...

ALL,
These kinds of rides are Bruce's specialty and any time he invites the FOGBEES to join him, I very much recommend you take him up on his offer. He does a Spring & Fall over-nighter, plus other similar treks when the mood suits him. He introduced me to this kind of cycling a couple of years ago and I try not to miss any.